| Torn |
In the Northern part of Namibia live many female Angolan refugees. They sought refuge from the brutal Angolan Civil war which lasted from 1975 - when Angola got independent from Portugal - until 2002. Before that, Angola was torn apart for decades in an armed struggle for independence. This country and its people faced over 40 years of violence and war.
This series visualizes the psychological impact of being torn between two countries when forced to live somewhere else due to war and violence. Every day carrying the memories of the horrors as well as the love and longing for one's motherland.
| Torn | © 2015 Namibia
- Silver Winner Px3 - Prix de la Photographie 2015
- Winner 2nd place IPA International Photography Awards 2015
- Winner 2nd place MIFA Moscow International Photo Awards 2015
- "IPA Best of Show Exhibition" New York - Lucie week
- Honorable Mention Interational Color Awards 2015
- Publisehd on LensCulture